Saturday, October 16, 2010

If you love fudge try No Pudge



I have heard many people say that they could eat healthy or stick to a diet easily if there was no such thing as chocolate. Well, chocolate is here to stay, but if you are one of those people then I have good news for you. I discovered No Pudge brownie mix several years ago while browsing the isles of Whole Foods. While a Whole Foods trip is exciting in general (okay maybe not to everyone), this food find just really made my day. A fat-free brownie mix that is prepared with greek yogurt- you know that is a little bit exciting. Although I was somewhat skeptical about the outcome of a baked dessert made without butter or oil, the result was amazing! These are as moist and rich as any brownies that I have ever tasted. I have made these for many events including parties, bridal showers, and tailgate parties and nobody ever believes that they are even low in fat, much less fat-free. The all-natural mix, with only 9 ingredients, includes substitutions to yogurt, in order to make a lactose-free dessert. The box also provides directions to make a single serving brownie in the microwave in case you find yourself at risk of devouring the whole pan. As with any food made with added sugar, I would not deem these treats "healthy", but they are a much better alternative to other brownie mixes and can easily be part of a healthy diet when consumed in moderation. My favorite is the original flavor, but they also come in cappuccino, raspberry, and mint variations. This is one time that I would not recommend Greek yogurt. The texture is too thick and does not mix well with the mix. I have spotted No Pudge brownie mix at Publix and Wal-Mart as well as Whole Foods. Hurry out to your closest store and give in to your sweet tooth.

Nutrition: (1/12 prepared mix, using the fat-free plain yogurt and vanilla extract option)
118 calories, 29g carbohydrate, 3g protein, 0g fat, 1g fiber, 2 weight watchers points
Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Lauren

Photobucket

Nutrition student with a passion for giving yummy recipes a healthy make-over. Future RD on a constant search for the best food finds. And new blogger trying to relay my tasty ideas to everyone else.

Contact Me

Please feel free to email me with any questions, suggestions, or comments at lamandle88@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you.

Check out my new blog

Labels

Blog Design By

Photobucket

Get Connected

Powered by Blogger.

Followers