Monday, November 1, 2010

More Calories to Munch with Sugar-free Punch


In my opinion, the word "recipe" implies the inclusion of a list of ingredients followed by a set of step-by-step directions. Therefore, I don't think I can classify this post as an actual recipe, considering it is simply the mixing of two items: Crystal Light lemonade powder mix and diet ginger ale. This combination produces the perfect light, bubbly punch without the sugar and calories of many party drinks. I served this punch for a bridal shower in July. It was quite the compliment to the humid southern heat and I was asked for the "ingredients" numerous times throughout the event. I have also found that it is a great replacement for alcoholic beverages, although you can still serve it in champagne/wine glasses for an elegant appeal. This presentation is especially fun for children. As for directions, pour one package of Crystal Light lemonade powder mix (package meant to make 2 quarts of lemonade) into a 2-liter bottle of diet ginger ale and shake well to mix. A funnel is not necessary but it helps to get the powder in the bottle quickly. You must screw the lid back on the bottle pretty quickly or the drink will begin to fizz and overflow (definitely do this over the sink). Along with its fabulous fizz, the drink is less than 5 calories per serving/glass and contains no sugar. Time to have a guilt-free party!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Lauren

Photobucket

Nutrition student with a passion for giving yummy recipes a healthy make-over. Future RD on a constant search for the best food finds. And new blogger trying to relay my tasty ideas to everyone else.

Contact Me

Please feel free to email me with any questions, suggestions, or comments at lamandle88@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you.

Check out my new blog

Labels

Blog Design By

Photobucket

Get Connected

Powered by Blogger.

Followers