Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Perfect Parfait

I eat oatmeal for breakfast year round, no matter the temperature outside. But for a lot of people, when the warm weather rolls around, they look for a cooler start to the day. This solution that I have to offer is a healthy yogurt parfait. It is very quick and easy to make, plus it has plenty of protein and fiber. While I use greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream and mayonnaise in cooking, I love the thick, creamy texture on its own as well. The only other ingredients are Fiber One cereal, Truvia sweetener, and cinnamon. The crunch of the cereal reminds me of granola and is the perfect compliment to the slightly sweet yogurt. I prefer to eat my fruit on the side but you could also add fresh berries. I learned about this delicious combination while interning last summer for Tanya Zuckerbrot in NYC. She is an amazing dietitian a founder/author of The F-Factor Diet. The F-Factor Diet is a healthy diet that is very easy to follow. It promotes whole-grains, high fiber, and protein which helps to keep you feeling full and avoid sabotaging your weight loss plan. Tanya has also created her own line of high fiber products which can be found at Kroger stores or can be ordered on her website. I would go in to detail about the different products, but I'll save that for another post. This yogurt parfait tastes indulgent but weighs in with a mere 160 calories. It is perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack.

Yogurt Parfait
serves 1

Ingredients
1 (6 oz) container Fage 0% plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup Fiber One original cereal
1 packet Truvia sweetener
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Add Truvia and cinnamon to yogurt container. Mix well. Stir in Cereal.

Nutrition: 160 calories, 32g carbohydrate, 20g protein, 1g fat, 14g fiber
Weight Watchers points: 4
Weight Watchers Plus points: 6
Photobucket

3 comments:

Be Well said...

I start my day with oatmeal too, so I may have to squeeze this parfait into a mid morning snack:) It looks great! My friend is getting married, and I'm loving all of your Crafty ideas over on Crafty Couture too!

Style, Decor & More said...

This looks great! I would definitely enjoy this any time of the day!

I wanted to stop by and invite you to enter my Designer Slouch Top Giveaway ($88 value). The designer, Nally & Millie, is sold at Nordstrom and Bloomingdales. One Size Fits All. Winner can choose Mulberry or Black! I would be so happy if you could stop by and enter!
http://bit.ly/iATrAM

Anonymous said...

Such a delicious and healthy lOoking breakfast! I'm always looking for healthy cooking ideas, so I'm so glad to have found your blog! I'll definitely be back. :)

-Miriam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Lauren

Photobucket

Nutrition student with a passion for giving yummy recipes a healthy make-over. Future RD on a constant search for the best food finds. And new blogger trying to relay my tasty ideas to everyone else.

Contact Me

Please feel free to email me with any questions, suggestions, or comments at lamandle88@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you.

Check out my new blog

Labels

Blog Design By

Photobucket

Get Connected

Powered by Blogger.

Followers