Sunday, September 5, 2010

Juicy Flavor...Chicken to Savor




This recipe is for Cracker Barrel's grilled chicken tenders. I have always loved this recipe because the marinade makes the juiciest, most flavorful chicken imaginable. It is perfect served with fresh vegetables for a healthy country-style meal. I also like to use this recipe in pasta dishes that contain grilled chicken or to top a fresh salad. Although it does require a little bit of pre-planning in order to marinade the tenders for an hour, it takes very little effort and only three ingredients (not including the chicken). The original recipe calls for regular Italian dressing but I chose to use the fat-free variety and it turned out exactly the same. Try replacing fried chicken tenders with these to drastically reduce the amount of fat and calories in your lunch or dinner.

Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken Tenders
serves 4

Ingredients
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
1/2 cup fat-free Italian dressing
1 tsp fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tsp honey

  1. Whisk together dressing, lime juice, and honey.
  2. Pour over chicken tenders, reserving 1/4 cup
  3. Marinate for one hour.
  4. Cook tenders in a non-stick pan or grill until golden in color, but not dry.
  5. Brush cooked chicken with reserved marinade mixture.
Nutrition: 122 calories, 7g carbohydrate, 23g protein, 2g fat, 0g fiber, 3 weight watchers points


3 comments:

Debbie Penhale said...

I love Cracker barrel chicken tenders. I ate there tonight. I will start making them at home now. I love your blog. Can you give the fiber for this one too? This will fit in well on WW. You are my new super hero!!

Lauren said...

I love this chicken too! I use it for every recipe that uses grilled chicken. There is no fiber but I added the weight watchers points. Hope it helps :)

Debbie Penhale said...

It is a big help. Thank you for the info. I bought chicken breasts last night. I can't wait to use this recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Lauren

Photobucket

Nutrition student with a passion for giving yummy recipes a healthy make-over. Future RD on a constant search for the best food finds. And new blogger trying to relay my tasty ideas to everyone else.

Contact Me

Please feel free to email me with any questions, suggestions, or comments at lamandle88@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you.

Check out my new blog

Labels

Blog Design By

Photobucket

Get Connected

Powered by Blogger.

Followers