Friday, July 30, 2010

A Frozen Meal that Seals the Deal


While I would love to be able to post a new recipe everyday, sadly I have been too busy this past week to cook anything at all. I am in the process of moving from one apartment to another, yes in 100-degree weather. I have started selling my artwork; therefore, I had to get them all framed. I have gotten lucky enough to have the opportunity to hang my paintings in a popular local Italian restaurant, Joe’s. I have had many people suggest that I need a website for people to view my available designs. My goal is customer satisfaction, so after many long hours, my website is up and running. It is nowhere near complete, but if you are interested I would love for you to check it out at www.daintypaint.info. Also, you will be noticing some changes on this website soon, as I have decided to work with a professional web design company in order to create the look that I desire and better organize my posts and recipes. Besides my multiple projects, I am also preparing to take the GRE as I try to figure out the best place to attend grad school.

Anyways, the point of all my rambling is to let everyone know that I have not abandoned Nosh N’ Nutrition and I should be back to posting my adventures in healthy cooking after the weekend. To give you a little something extra, other than my crazy mental agenda, I want to suggest a frozen dinner entrée. I do not believe that our bodies are meant to consume frozen prepared meals regularly, as the majority of them are full of sugars and preservatives, providing very little nutrition or satisfaction. The Kashi Tuscan Veggie Bake is an exception. I always keep a few of these in my freezer for weeks like this one, when there is just no time to cook. This all-natural meal reminds me of vegetable lasagna with an amazing tomato basil sauce. It contains whole grain noodles, yellow squash, roasted eggplant, sweet potatoes, and sun dried tomatoes. The flavor is unbeatable for only 8 minutes in the microwave and 260 calories. Besides the delicious taste, the next best thing about the veggie bake is that it contains 8g of fiber and truly makes keeps you feeling fuller for longer than the typical box dinner. Kashi makes some other frozen meals that are good as well, but I always go back to this one. In fact, I’m thinking this just may be my dinner tonight.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Lauren

Photobucket

Nutrition student with a passion for giving yummy recipes a healthy make-over. Future RD on a constant search for the best food finds. And new blogger trying to relay my tasty ideas to everyone else.

Contact Me

Please feel free to email me with any questions, suggestions, or comments at lamandle88@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you.

Check out my new blog

Labels

Blog Design By

Photobucket

Get Connected

Powered by Blogger.

Followers